The success of CareMoor for Exmoor lies with the involvement of local businesses, societies and individuals whose valued participation in the scheme helps keep Exmoor such a special place.
CareMoor for Exmoor is the Authority donation scheme for Exmoor National Park. It offers everyone who has been inspired by Exmoor an opportunity to contribute to the upkeep of the environment of the National Park and its future.
Here at The Exmoor Holiday Company, we appreciate how lucky we are to be surrounded by the natural beauties of Exmoor National Park. From its wild open moor lands to the sight of buzzards hovering over head.
Home to over 5000 species of fauna and flora, 267 square miles of habitats and 800 miles of paths. With over 8000 years of heritage.
Can you help raise funds for Exmoor National Parks, CareMoor for Exmoor?
Where would Exmoor be without the hard work and commitment of The Exmoor National Park Authorities and its volunteers who care and preserve our national park for generations to come. All donations made to the CareMoor donation scheme are guaranteed to fund conservation and environmental projects within the park. Preserving and maintaining its natural beauty for future generations to come.
Why is CareMoor needed?
Exmoor National Park is a unique landscape with a wonderful diversity of woodland, moorland, coastal paths, picturesque villages, working farms and market towns. A rich and varied wildlife from butterflies to otters is sheltered under an International Dark Skies Reserve. The draw of Exmoor has an impact on the environment and facilities provided. Donations to CareMoor for Exmoor help mitigate those impacts by funding projects that conserve wildlife and heritage and maintain access for all.
What difference does CareMoor make?
CareMoor for Exmoor connects people with the places and the things they love. Contributions to CareMoor provide the funding for practical work to protect wildlife and habitats, conserve heritage and maintain pathways to ensure the National Park’s special qualities are preserved for generations to come.
What CareMoor Donations can fund for Exmoor
- A footpath sign costs around £160-£200 to make and install and we maintain 3000 signs on Exmoor’s path network.
- 1km of typical hedged footpath will cost £85 to keep cut back well each year and we cut back 165km per year.
- Clearing out 1 large side drain or cross drain can cost £30 and we maintain up to 260 drains per year.
- Re-grading and repairing a bridleway can cost over £1000 for 100m.
- Replacing one 5’ gate costs around £250 and we replace around 148 gates and stiles per year on Exmoor’s path network.
- A typical 4m span foot bridge will cost over £2000 to refurbish – this happens about every 15-20 years and we have 284 bridges to look after on Exmoor.
- A bat box costs £15 to produce.
- A dormouse nest box costs £22.
- And a barn owl nest box costs £50.
- One day of crayfish survey cost £635 to complete – helping to eradicate invasive signal crayfish and reintroduce native white-clawed crayfish.
- The cost of one day of Himalayan balsam control is £500.
- Restoring one fritillary butterfly site costs around £6,000. Exmoor is home to several rare fritillary butterflies whose populations are improving thanks to volunteer efforts. One of the first projects funded by CareMoor donations was a leaflet guide to the Butterflies of Exmoor.
Exmoor Blue Bird
£2.50 from every Exmoor Blue Bird booking donated towards CareMoor For Exmoor
Located within the rural farming village of Challacombe, Exmoor Blue Bird offers an affordable, family friendly rural retreat for those wishing to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Nearby just a short walk into the heart of the village is the highly recommended Black Venus Inn, serving delicious locally sourced meals and ales. Neighboring Challacombe Post Office and Stores for all your essentials; pastries and cakes. Although boasting a peaceful and remote setting, Exmoor Blue Bird is a good central base to explore Exmoor & North Devon’s many popular attractions, only a five minute drive to Exmoor Zoo. Following our support for Care Moor for Exmoor £2.50 from each booking is donated, helping to conserve Exmoor National Park for generations to come. Furthermore all families from Families For Children receive a minimum 15% discount.
[print_gllr id=970 display=sho